Part-Time Sales Associate – Pine City, MN – $10.50/hour
Position Summary: Assists in the daily operations of the store including customer service, product preparation, volunteer recruitment, development and recognition. Maintains a safe and pleasant atmosphere in a positive, professional manner. Supports the mission of Family Pathways while understanding and promoting the mission of Family Pathways to customers, donors and volunteers.
A. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: (40%)
- Embody the key traits for all Family Pathways’ employee: honesty, dependability, friendliness, competence, productivity, fostering teamwork, self-sufficiency, flexibility and tactfulness.
- Know, understand and comply with the roles and expectations of the Thrift Store Sales Associate as well as Family Pathways’ policies and procedures.
B. CUSTOMER AND DONOR ENGAGEMENT: (30%)
- Greet customers entering Family Pathways and assist them with any questions or concerns.
- Know and represent the mission and programs of Family Pathways and extend knowledge and information to customers, donors, volunteers and the community.
- Be aware of and communicate information to customers and donors regarding current and upcoming promotions and other program initiatives, i.e. Round-Up asks, collecting customer/donor email addresses, etc.
- Assist with the recruitment, training and recognition of our volunteers and honor and respect their gifts of time, talent and treasure given to Family Pathways.
- Honor and respect the gifts of merchandise and monetary donations given to Family Pathways by our donors.
- Maintain overall awareness of store activity.
C. OPERATIONS: (30%)
- Produce appropriately priced racks of quality clothing and linens and carts of quality hard goods, furniture and antiques in accordance with daily sales and production goals.
- Work to eliminate waste and reduce trash costs; be mindful of repurposing and recycling donated items.
- Work to maintain a safe environment for all employees, volunteers, customers and donors.
- Operate a cash register, balance drawer, accurately fill out all appropriate daily paperwork and prepare accurate and timely deposits.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the flow of donated product.
- Stock and organize merchandise on the sales floor in the appropriate area and keep displays full and impactful.
- Recover store daily, including all pegged and shelved areas, displays, clothing racks, dressing rooms, vestibules, register area, production area, break area, restrooms and exterior grounds of store.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. as well as stand, lift, turn and bend for a full shift up to 10 hours
- Retail experience preferred
- General math skills
- Able to communicate effectively to staff, volunteers, donors and customers