Unlimited, Full-time (1.0 FTE) Office and Administrative Specialist-Sr.
Working Title: Administrative Assistant (Customized Training and Continuing Education)
Location: Pine City, MN
This vacancy will be available for internal and external competitive applicants through 11/02/2018.
Interested external candidates will need to apply online through the MMB website: https://mn.gov/mmb/careers/ locating Job ID: 27674.
Required Skills: Minimum Qualifications:
- English (speaking, reading, writing) sufficient to interpret and respond to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Customer Service Skills (phone, in-person, public presentations) sufficient to identify and respond to customer needs.
- Advanced word processing skills using Microsoft Office software.
- Data entry skills sufficient to compile, sort, verify data accuracy before entering it,
- Database and spreadsheet skills sufficient to create and track reports.
- Experience with procurement, budget management, vendor relations and business office practices
- Math skills sufficient to assist students, instructors, and other stakeholders with course and tuition questions.
- Ability to organize and manage time efficiently sufficient to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to use general office equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and share the college’s interest in diverse cultures and populations.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects from different sources.
- Advanced understanding of ISRS or other client/student database systems.
- Physical Demands (e.g. sitting, standing and some lifting).
Preferred Skills: Preferred Qualifications:
- Associate Degree in business, accounting, or a related field, and/or relevant and recent work experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience within a project management setting.
- Ability to write and edit using Publisher.
- Ability to work in an independently and in a team environment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to build a collaborative working relationship within all College departments.
- Knowledge and understanding of MnSCU policies and procedures, Customized Training and Continuing Education process, and student registration.
- Analytical and problem solving skills to efficiently maintain course scheduling, scheduling of meetings/events for CT/CE and requests from the outside of the College.
This position provides senior-level administrative and technical support to the Continuing Education and Customized Training (CE/CT) Dean, Customized Training Representatives (CTRs), and Instructors for the development and delivery of instructional and consulting products and services.
- Manage and maintain official client/course record systems for all hour-based, credit term course, and corporate credit enrolled records including hard-copy records, ISRS, and online registration system. Prepare, organize, and analyze enrollment reports. Track each project/course to ensure all contracts, purchasing, course materials, and instructor packets are completed on time.
- Function as the first point of contact for all CE/CT customers, vendors, clients, stakeholders, and the public. Provide product/service information to customers. Manager and ensure accuracy of contact management databases of all customer segments.
- Manage fiscal year supply/materials budget, make recommendations, monitor expenditures, and monitor fiscal year reporting to ensure compliance with established policy and procedures. Create material requisitions, monitor order status, record receivables, and track payments. Process all Instructional and Professional/ Technical Service contracts, Faculty Appointment Notices, Client Income Contracts, and Intra/ Inter-Agency Agreements. Serve as primary point of contact with the Business Office on behalf of CTRs.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of the department and maintain the reputation of the organization as a viable business partner.