Pine Technical and Community College is currently seeking an Unlimited, Full-Time Automotive Services Technology Instructor. Closing date for applications is Monday, February 4, 2019
This vacancy is posted on the Pine Technical & Community College website at http://www.pine.edu/human-resources/Employment-Opportunities. Click on Academic and Administrator Jobs, scroll down, click on the vacancy;interested applicants must apply on-line. Applicants click on “apply” and create their user account and create their application profile.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Instruct Automotive Services Technology program courses.
- Teach courses in day, evening, and alternate schedule formats utilizing traditional and alternate delivery methods and virtual learning environments.
- Assess student academic achievement at classroom, department, and college levels.
- Evaluate and advise students on academic progress.
- Assist in recruitment of new students through high school visits, community events and other means.
- Collaborate across disciplines for student projects as appropriate.
- Participate in departmental and college communities through a variety of activities (curriculum development and assessment, service on committees, student activities, department initiatives, etc.)
Educational Requirement: Two-year diploma in automotive services technology.
Occupational Experience Requirement: Four full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience in automotive service technology.
Recency Requirement: One year of this work experience shall be within five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) post secondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
Professional Requirement: Current ASE certification in the areas in which the faculty member is teaching.
- Ability to develop curriculum and a commitment to the assessment of student academic achievement.
- Experience teaching at a post-secondary level, preferably a two-year college.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and peers.
- Experience with web-enhanced and online courses using D2L platform or equivalent information management system.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality instruction and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work with a diverse student body with a broad range of interests and abilities.
- Effective planning, organizational, and interpersonal skills.