Position: Transfer Specialist
Application Deadline is October 5, 2018
The purpose of this position is to oversee college-wide policies and processes that ensure the ease of transfer both to and from Pine Technical and Community College. This position has primary responsibility for managing the transfer and credit for prior learning evaluation policies, processes and procedures. This position provides advising, training, and process guidance to students, program faculty, counselors and others on matters related to transfer and credit for prior learning. This position
will work closely with the Registrar’s functions as needed, including but not limited to Degree Audit Reporting System maintenance, student registration system edits and campus registration events.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
- Develop, implement and provide oversight for the credit transfer process, including transfer evaluation, while adhering to all applicable federal, state, and system regulations, policies and procedures ensuring data accuracy and student record maintenance. Manage online transfer resources, identify and troubleshoot registration issues, and support academic affairs curriculum efforts from a student record perspective.
- Advise potential and current students on transfer and credit for prior learning options and there applicability to PTCC majors and other Minnesota State Colleges and University programs. Investigate, problem solve and resolve transfer and credit for prior learning questions and issues for both internal and external customers.
- Act as a consultant and campus resource for directing, training, and supporting student record systems and processes (e.g. DARS, U.Select, ISRS, U.Achieve, or future record programs and technology) and policy interpretation.
- Serve as veteran’s education benefit certifying official, meeting with students and processing VA benefits within VA guidelines.
- Bachelor’s in related field: or Associates degree with two years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency with a variety of word processing, database and web-based applications sufficient to accurately collect data and create reports.
- Extensive knowledge of college courses and programs including and understanding of course descriptions, syllabi, and other academic resources.
- Knowledge and skills related to transfer equivalency and credit for prior learning. Ability to interpret and understand complicated state and federal regulations to translate into advising procedures and processes.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional experience in the application and integration of educational policies, procedures, and practices; customer/student service standards; continuous quality improvement methods; and Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and share the college’s interest in diverse cultures and populations.
- General knowledge of data privacy laws.
- Professional and administrative skills including critical thinking, problem solving and process planning.
- Three or more years of experience within higher education student service, preferably in Minnesota State College and Universities.
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal regulatory laws such as Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and MN Governmental Data Privacy Act (MGDPA).
- Three of more years of experience and extensive knowledge of a student management system such as DARS, ISRS, U.Select, Credit for Prior Learning and evaluation of military education transfer policies.