The “Pine City Community” Blood Drive is scheduled for the December visit on Tuesday, December 11th. The Memorial Blood Centers bus makes a trip to Pine City every other month and rotates to different locations around the community. For this visit, they’ll be parked at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church. If you are interested in donating, you can call David Hill at 320.629.2712 to sign up, or complete your health history questionnaire online the day of your donation and walk-in.
Prepare for a great donor experience:
- Learn more about the role iron plays in blood donation (PDF).
- Find out how athletes can give blood and perform their best.
- Wait approximately 3 months after making a whole blood donation before donating again.
- Get a solid night’s sleep before donating.
- Eat a full meal within 6 hours prior to your appointment.
- Make iron-rich foods part of your daily diet. Consider taking an over-the-counter iron supplement if you donate two or more times per year.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity or heavy lifting for 24 hours after donating.
- Make sure your system is fully hydrated. Drink 16 ounces or more just prior to donating and plenty of fluids for the remainder of the day.